As of November 3, 2021, the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is available to children ages 5-11.
As of May 10, 2021, the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is available to individuals age 12 and older.
As of April 19, 2021, people age 16+ who live, work, or study in Massachusetts can get vaccinated.
WHERE CAN I GET THE VACCINE
The Commonwealth has been working closely with health care providers, local officials, pharmacies, and others to setup COVID-19 vaccination locations across the State.
The State has provided a map of current vaccination locations that is updated frequently:
VACCINE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Commonwealth has put together the below categories of common questions regarding the vaccine:
|Before you get vaccinated|
|During your appointment|
|After getting vaccinated|
|Accessing the vaccine|
|More information (benefits of vaccine, etc.)|
- 10-29-2021: FDA Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use in Children 5 through 11 Years of Age
- 5-10-2021: FDA Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use in Adolescents in Another Important Action in Fight Against Pandemic
- 4-19-2021: people age 16+ who live, work, or study in Massachusetts can get vaccinated.
- 4-5-2021: Individuals ages 55+ and individuals with 1 or more medical condition are eligible for vaccination.
- 3-22-2021: Individuals ages 60+ and certain workers are eligible for vaccination.
- 3-17-2021: Timeline for all remaining groups vaccine eligibility announced. Preregistration for Vaccine is available on the State’s Vaccine Preregistration Page.
- 3-3-2021: Effective March 11, 2021, Baker-Polito Administration announces K-12 Educators, Child Care Workers and K-12 School Staff eligible for vaccine appointments.
- 2-18-2021: On February 18, 2021, the State announced individuals age 65 and older, individuals with 2 or more specified medical conditions and residents and workers in low income and affordable senior housing were eligible for the vaccine.
- 1-28-2021: Starting February 1st, residents 75 years and older are eligible to receive the vaccine.