The 2022 Municipal Firefighter Examination consists of two components, a written test and an entry-level physical ability test (ELPAT).
Key Dates for the Firefighter Examination
Application Opening: July 5, 2022
Application Deadline: August 30, 2022
Notices to Appear for Written Test: October 10, 2022
Written Examination Beginning Date: October 24, 2022
Notices to Appear for ELPAT: Two weeks prior to your scheduled date and time
Score Release Date: TBD
Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
Eligible List Establishment Date: TBD
Written Test Location: Various Sites across the state
ELPAT Test Location: 571A Main Street, Hudson, MA 01749
Examination Fee: $75*
*There is an additional $50 late fee for applications received after August 30, 2022. Applications will NOT be accepted after September 13, 2022.
- Log in your Civil Service online account.
- Read the Firefighter Written Test Preparation Guide.
- Apply for the exam.
- Notices to Appear for Written Test: October 10, 2022
Two weeks before the written examination date you will receive a notice to appear by email. The notice will tell you the location and the time to appear for your examination. Please check your junk or spam mail folder for the email before contacting this office.
- Written Examination Beginning Date: October 24, 2022
The Notice to Appear will provide detailed information. Please check your junk or spam email folder before contacting our office.
- Notice to Appear for Entry-Level Physical Ability Test (ELPAT): Two weeks prior to your scheduled date and timeYou will receive a notice to appear by email with detailed information and date/ time of your ELPAT Test. Please check your junk or spam email folder before contacting our office. ELPAT Test Location: 571A Main Street, Hudson, MA 01749
- Score Release Date: TBD
- Employment/Experience (E/E) Last Day to Appeal: TBD
- Eligible List Establishment Date: TBD
When the eligible list is established you will be able to view your rank.
How to Apply for Firefighter Examination
- Find the application for 2022 Firefighter Examination.
- Read about the examination information and find out if you’re eligible to take the exam.
- Click Apply in the top right corner of the exam poster and follow the instructions to submit your application.
- Once you’ve successfully submitted your application, you’ll see a Click to Pay button. Click the button to pay for your exam. Be sure to pay for the correct exam.
- You’ll receive two confirmation emails when you’ve completed the process:♦ an email confirming that your application has been received
♦ an email confirming that your payment has been received
Your application is not complete until you have received both confirmation emails. Once you receive the successful payment confirmation email, you may ignore the option to Submit Payment which may still be displayed in your account.