Business Permits

Each business is unique and may require different permits. Below is a list of commonly required permits for a business. Economic Development Staff can help you navigate the permitting process and determine exactly what types of permits or licenses your business will need to open.

  • Business Certificate
    • The City Clerk’s Office issues Business Certificates also known as a “dba” (doing business as).
  • Building Permits
    • The Inspectional Services Department issues all Building Permits including Electrical Permits, Plumbing Permits, Sign Permits, and Certificates of Occupancy
  • License Commission
    • The License Commission issues a variety of permits including Liquor Licenses, Common Victualer’s licenses, Entertainment Licenses, and Inn Keepers Licenses
  • Health Permits
    • The Health Department issues a variety of permits including Food Permits, Tobacco Permits, Tanning Salon Permits, Pool Permits, as well as permits related to Bio Medical Uses.