June 24, 2021
Woburn City Council
Dear President Tedesco and Members:
The following City Council Committees will meet on Monday, June 28, 2021, beginning at 6:15 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn, Massachusetts. The following is a list of topics that, at the time of posting, the Committee Chairs reasonably anticipate will be discussed at the meeting. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
Ordinances, Charter & Rules
- Reading and approval of minutes of meeting of February 22, 2021
- Outside seating associated with restaurant use in S-1 zoning district
- Order to amend the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, be further amended by amending the definition of “Restaurant, Full-Service” in Section 2 by inserting after “space” on the first line the following language: “(including outdoor seating and rooftop dining)”
- Order to amend Section 11.6.12 entitled “Rooftop Dining in the B-D District” and Section 5.1 entitled “Table of Use Regulations,” Note 27 of the 1985 Zoning Ordinance of the city of Woburn.
Special Permits, as a Committee of the Whole, following Ordinances, Charter & Rules
- Reading and approval of minutes of meeting of June 7, 2021
- Jackson Lumber for special permit: 1. To amend a special permit to allow additional drainage and pavement to expand parking lot; and 2. Alteration of existing use to allow for drainage and pavement, at 36 Prospect Street
- Popeyes for a special permit to allow for a fast food restaurant pursuant to Section 5.1 (29) at 305 Mishawum Road
- Mass General Brigham Integrated Care, Inc. for a special permit and site plan review to allow: 1. Section 22.214.171.124 to allow a medical office building for general outpatient and diagnosis containing approximately 60,206 gross floor area; 2. Section 8.3 to allow parking on separate lot within 500 feet of proposed use; 3. Section 8.6.3 to allow exceptions to landscaping requirements for parking facilities in temporary parking lot; 4. Section 28.3 to allow relief to allow height of retaining wall up to nine (9) feet more or less in height; 5. Section 126.96.36.199 to allow reduction in loading space requirements; 6. Section 28.3 to allow reduced setbacks for bike racks (if applicable), CHP, SG and Transformer; and 7. Approval of all signage as set forth on illustrative Site Plan, at 2 Hill Street.
Public Safety & Licenses, following Special Permits
- Reading and approval of minutes of meetings of April 26, 2021, and May 27, 2021
- Woburn Bowladrome Inc., 32 Montvale Avenue, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 for renewal of a Bowling Alley License
- Woburn Cab Co. for renewal of Taxi Cab Licenses.
- M&L Transit Systems Inc. for renewal of Common Carrier Licenses
Any other matter that may be legally before the Committees.
Clerk of Committees