- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Order to Allow Mayor to Accept Drainage and Access Easements on Gerrish Drive (off Pearl Street).
- Order of Taking pursuant to M.G.L. c.40, §14, c.79, §6 and c. 82 to take on the City’s behalf various permanent and temporary easements, and one permanent fee interest, that are necessary for the relocation and replacement of the New Boston Street bridge and adjacent portions of new Boston Street (the “Project”).
- New Petitions:
- North Suburban YMCA for special event permit for Annual 5K Road Race road race at Horn Pond and area streets on October 24, 2021.
- New England Orienteering Club, Inc. for special event permit for Map and Compass Sport Orienteering event at Horn Pond on August 29, 2021.
- Murphy’s Waste Oil Services, Inc. for a new flammable license, for 5,000 gallons of Class II Windshield Washer Fluid, 125,000 gallons of Class IIIB Waste Oil, 300 cubic feet of propane, and 260 cubic feet of 5%Methane/Balance Argon Gas, at 252 Salem Street.
- King of Cool Inc. for a special permit to operate a full service restaurant with hours of operation until 12:30 a.m., Monday through Saturday, and 12:00 a.m. on Sundays, under Section 5.1, Note 16 of the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, at 1 Rainin Road.
- Toll Brothers to amend a prior special permit dated June 6, 2017, under Section 23.4.2 the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, as follows: 1. Remove the requirement under Section 8 of the decision requiring installation of two islands on Mishawum Road as shown on Offsite Landscape Plan, Sheet C-6B; 2. Require the petitioner to expend funds equal to the cost the cost of above, to make other improvements related to the project as determined by the City Engineer or to deposit that amount with the City to install the islands; 3. Change the designation of “Retail” use for 3,180 square feet on the first floor to “Restaurant or Retail” at 120 Commerce Way.
- Petition by 304 Cambridge Road LLC, 304 Cambridge Road, Woburn, Massachusetts, to amend Section 5 Notes to Table of Use Regulations and Section 5.1 Table of Use Regulations, Note 26 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended.
- Woburn Foreign Motors and 394 Washington Street Realty Trust request for minor modification for special permits at 394R Washington Street.
- Public Hearings:
- ND Properties LLC, 264 Salem Street, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, to amend the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, be further amended as follows: amend Section 25 UPPER MAIN STREET OVERLAY (UMS) DISTRICT as follows: 1. Section 25F.3 shall be amended by deleting “fifty-seven (57)” on the last line of the paragraph and replacing with “twenty (20) units per acre.”
- 120 Commerce Apartments, LLC, 1140 Virginia Drive, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania 19034, for a new Inflammable License to allow 13,000 gallons of gasoline in vehicle tanks parked in parking garage at 120 Commerce Way.
- On the intention of the City Council to lay out the reconstructed and widened Hill Street as a public way in the City of Woburn as shown on a plan of land entitled “Hill Street Plan and Profile”, dated June 3, 2021 and prepared by Stantec Planning and Landscape Architecture P.C., 226 Causeway Street, Boston, MA 02114.
- Lightning Express, 215 Salem Street, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 for a special permit to park eight (8) vehicles overnight under Section 5.1(57B) of the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, at 215 Salem Street.
- AVFX LLC, 9 Micro Drive, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 for a special permit to park four (4) commercial vehicles overnight under Section 5.1(57B) of the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, at 9 Micro Drive.
- CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. for a special permit to allow: Revised site plan file with Special Permit Petition; 2. A Modification to the Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated March 29, 2018 (the “Decision”) to allow for a total of approximately 37,728 square feet of light manufacturing use; and approximately 13,038 square feet of office use; and 7,440 square feet of light manufacturing use; 3. A Special Permit pursuant to Section 9 to allow for the requested uses within the limits of the Floodway and Food Plain Districts; 4. Site Plan Approval pursuant to Section 12.2.4; and 5. A Special Permit pursuant to Section 5.1(53) to allow for a high hazard use, at 32 Cabot Road.
- Theofan Qirjazi, 764 Lowell Street, Peabody, Massachusetts 01960 for a special permit to allow a fast food restaurant for Nick’s Pizza, Roast Beef & Subs under Section 5.1(29) of the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, at 901 Main Street A-B.
- Popeyes, 305 Mishawum Road, Woburn, Massachusetts 01801 for special permit pursuant to 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, Sections 5.1.29 to allow for a fast food restaurant at 305 Mishawum Road. (Back for Action)
- Woburn APNA Bazar Incorporated, 4 Held Circle, Medford, Massachusetts 02155 for a special permit pursuant to 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, Sections 5.1.69 and 7.3 to amend a special permit dated January 12, 2011, modified June 9, 2016 to allow for alteration of pre-existing non-conforming use and structure containing approximately 53,326 square feet of gross floor area to allow for 1. Retail store in Unit 2 consisting of approximately 14,440 square feet of net floor area, and 2. Provide for 232 parking spaces as shown on plan on file, at 335 Washington Street. (OTP)
- Jackson Lumber for special permit: 1. To amend a special permit to allow additional drainage and pavement to expand parking lot; and 2. Alteration of existing use to allow for drainage and pavement, at 36 Prospect Street. [Request to continue filed]. (ONTP)
- FRH Realty LLC, an Affiliate of Fairfield Residential for a special permit to allow: 1. Four hundred forty-five (445) residential dwelling units, 2. Accessory pool, 3. Accessory garages for use of residents on the premises, 4. Fence over 3 feet high within street setback, 5. Maximum height of fence to exceed 6 feet, 6. Free-standing sign in front yard setback, 7. Maximum pavement width of driveway increased, 8. Private garage larger than 900 s.f. with doors exceeding 8 feet high, 9. Private accessory garage in front yard setback, 10. Private swimming pool larger than 900 s.f., and 11. Site Plan Approval for four hundred forty-five (445) residential dwelling units, at 316 New Boston Street. (Back for Action)
- Order to amend the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, be further amended by amending the definition of “RESTAURANT, FULL- SERVICE” in Section 2 by inserting after “space” on the first line the following language: “(including outdoor seating and rooftop dining)”.
- Order to amend Section 11.6.12 entitled “Rooftop Dining in the B-D District” and Section 5.1 entitled “Table of Use Regulations”, Note 27 of the 1985 Zoning Ordinance of the City of Woburn.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings:
- 285 Locust Street LLC request for minor modification of special permit with respect to modifications for proposed signage illumination at 285 Locust Street.
- Committee Reports:
- Order to authorize Mayor to grant a Street Widening Easement over the former Stoneham Branch, now known as the Tri-Community Bikeway, to Montvale Land, LLC. (OTP)
- Order to amend the Woburn Municipal Code Title 2, Article XVIII, Compensation of Officers and Employees, base salaries of reserve police officer per hour. (OTP)
- Musto Jewelers, 186 Cambridge Road, No. 9, for renewal of Secondhand Dealers and Secondhand Collectors License. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Communication from President Tedesco dated August 5, 2021 regarding his intention to suspend the rules and pull from the Committee on Finance the Capital Budget FY 2022 for discussion and action.
- Parking Clerk report for June 2021.
- Appointments and Elections:
- Appointment of James A. Juliano to the Board of Trustees for the Woburn Public Library.
- Reappointment of Thomas Skeffington (Chair), David Gilgun, and William Pappalardo to the Woburn License Commission.
- Reappointment of Thomas W. Lawton (Chair), Chris Irving, Michael McDonough, Michael P. Higgins, Jonathan W. Surette, and Peter V. Murphy to the Woburn Golf and Ski Authority.
- Reappointment of Michael Ventresca, Carolyn Turner, Claudia Leis-Bolgen, David Edmunds, Kevin Donovan, Robert Doherty, and James Callahan to the Woburn Planning Board.
- Appointment of Richard Clancy to move from an alternate member to full-time member of the Woburn Board of Appeals.
- Reappointment of Margaret M. Pinkham (Chair), John J. Ryan, III, and Daniel Parrish to the Woburn Board of Appeals.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order appointing poll workers.
Notice of Hearing WZO Sec 25.F.3 Upper Main Street Overlay 8-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – Hill Street Widening 08-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – Continuus Pharmaceuticals – 32 Cabot Road – 8-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – Lightning Express – 215 Salem Street – 8-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – Theofan Qirjazi aka Nick’s Pizza – 901 Main Street A-B – 8-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – AVFX LLC – 9 Micro Drive – 8-10-2021
Notice of Hearing – 120 Commerce Apartments LLC – 120 Commerce Way 8-10-2021