- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor: None.
- New Petitions:
- Woburn Friends of Hospice/VNA Care for Special Event Permit to allow road race and health walk at Horn Pond and area streets on October 3, 2021.
- Woburn Kiwanis for a Special Event Permit to allow “Flag Day in Fall” festival on October 2, 2021 at Library Field.
- James L. McKeown Boys & Girls Club of Woburn for a Special Event Permit to allow road race and health walk beginning at Charles Gardner Lane and on various streets on November 6, 2021.
- Cabot, Cabot & Forbes LLC for Special Permit pursuant to Section 220.127.116.11(a), Section 18.104.22.168(b)(e), Section 22.214.171.124(a), Section 23.9 and Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: Two Hundred Fifty (250) residential dwelling units; 2. Accessory pool; 3. Approximately 2,125 square feet of commercial, restaurant, fitness and/or retail space; 4. Site Plan Approval for Two Hundred Fifty (250) residential dwelling units; and 5. All signage as shown on the Site Plan, at 0 New Boston Street.
- Montvale Land LLC for Special Permit with Site Plan Review under the Technology Business Overlay District under the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for life science campus with a mix of R&D lab buildings, a cGMP biomanufacturing building, and an amenity building of approximately 10,000 square feet, at A2 Hill Street.
- Montvale Land LLC request for approval of amended Master Concept Plan for the Vale, located on Hill Street.
- New England Gypsum Supply, Inc., for a Special Permit pursuant to Section 5.1(42), 5.1(57b) and 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for a wholesale establishment, warehouse and distribution center, overnight parking of up to five (5) commercial motor vehicles (vans) and for the continued use of the nonconforming building and loading docks, at 1 Adele Road.
- Public Hearings:
- Jackson Lumber for special permit: 1. To amend a special permit to allow additional drainage and pavement to expand parking lot; and 2. Alteration of existing use to allow for drainage and pavement, at 36 Prospect Street.
- ND Properties LLC, 264 Salem Street, Medford, Massachusetts 02155, to amend the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, be further amended as follows: amend Section 25 UPPER MAIN STREET OVERLAY (UMS) DISTRICT as follows: 1. Section 25F.3 shall be amended by deleting “fifty-seven (57)” on the last line of the paragraph and replacing with “twenty (20) units per acre.” (ONTP)
- Murphy’s Waste Oil Services, Inc. for a new flammable license, for 5,000 gallons of Class II Windshield Washer Fluid, 125,000 gallons of Class IIIB Waste Oil, 300 cubic feet of propane, and 260 cubic feet of 5%Methane/Balance Argon Gas, at 252 Salem Street.
- King of Cool Inc. for a special permit to operate a full service restaurant with hours of operation until 12:30 a.m., Monday through Saturday, and 12:00 a.m. on Sundays, under Section 5.1, Note 16 of the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, at 1 Rainin Road.
- Toll Brothers to amend a prior special permit dated June 6, 2017, under Section 23.4.2 the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinances, as amended, as follows: 1. Remove the requirement under Section 8 of the decision requiring installation of two islands on Mishawum Road as shown on Offsite Landscape Plan, Sheet C-6B; 2. Require the petitioner to expend funds equal to the cost the cost of above, to make other improvements related to the project as determined by the City Engineer or to deposit that amount with the City to install the islands; 3. Change the designation of “Retail” use for 3,180 square feet on the first floor to “Restaurant or Retail” at 120 Commerce Way.
- Petition by 304 Cambridge Road LLC, 304 Cambridge Road, Woburn, Massachusetts, to amend Section 5 Notes to Table of Use Regulations and Section 5.1 Table of Use Regulations, Note 26 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Appointment of James A. Juliano to the Board of Trustees for the Woburn Public Library. (OTP)
- Appointment of Michelle Eovine to the Woburn Golf and Ski Authority. (OTP)
- Appointment of the following members to the Human Rights Commission: Robert F. Rufo, Jr., Sandra L. Lawton, Elaine Pruyne, Marie L. Lingblom, Dr. Mohanan Unni, Thomas J. Maher, Matthew T. Crowley, Amanda Harvey, and Timothy J. Donovan. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Treasurer/Collector relative to City of Woburn Investment Policy Statement.
- Parking Clerk report for July 2021.
- Eversource Update for Woburn City Council (Woburn-Wakefield Project)
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Repeal of No Parking Signs on Blueberry Hill Road.
Notice of Hearing – Murphy’s Waste Oil Services, Inc. – 252 Salem St 9-7-2021
Notice of Hearing – King Cool Inc. – 1 Rainin Road – 9-7-2021
Notice of Hearing – Toll Brothers – 120 Commerce Way – 9-7-2021
Notice of Hearing WZO Sec 5 Notes, Note 26.1.a Restaurant S-1 9-7-2021