The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Communication and order regarding the City Council acceptance of gift of funds for economic development purposes.
- New Petitions:
- Petition by Cargotiator LLC dba Cargotiator Auto Sales for a new Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales License, at 104 Winn Street.
- Petition by Skyworks Solutions, Inc., to amend an inflammable license, for N-Methyl2pyrrolidone Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC container to N-Methyl2pyrrolidone Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC container and/or Kwik Strip Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC containers, and/or a mixture of both types totaling no more than four IBC Containers, at 20 Sylvan Road.
- Public Hearings:
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install a new 4-inch-high pressure gas main to replace an existing low pressure gas main along Wilcox Circle between Main Street and #7 Lowell Street. [request to leave to withdraw filed]
- NStar Electric Company, d/b/a Eversource Energy for grant of right in a way to install approximately 962 feet of conduit and one new manhole, MH31201, in Hill Street. [request to continue filed]
- NStar Electric Company, d/b/a Eversource Energy for grant of right in a way for grant of right in a way to install approximately 35 feet of conduit southerly from manhole, MH27080, in Presidential Way for service to 225 Presidential Way.
- A. Spry, Inc. for special permit to modify Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated November 13, 2015 as modified by Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated February 27, 2020 and a special permit from Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance as amended to allow for revised site plan, amendment to Condition 2, amendment to Condition 3 to allow overnight parking of additional vehicles, and the continuation of the nonconforming parking, loading bay fronting on Holton Street, area and landscaping requirements, at 80 Holton Street.
- Black Diamond Landscapes, for a special permit to modify Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated February 13, 2020 and a special permit from Section 7.3 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for: (1) a revised site plan of record; (2) storage for tools, equipment and landscaping materials; (3) the short term storage of mulch, stone, gravel and materials on pallets; and (4) the continuance of the existing nonconforming use (parking setbacks) and structure (minimum landscape open space; sideyard setbacks and parking setbacks), at 9 Green Street.
- Loco Donuts, LLC for a special permit pursuant to Section 5.1(29), Section 5.1(63A), and Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for a fast food restaurant (Dunkin Donuts) with a drive thru, at 36 Commerce Way.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports: None.
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Building commissioner quarterly nuisance property report.
- Veterans Agent, Larry Guiseppe request to address the City Council.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order Amending Title 15, Buildings and Construction, of the Woburn Municipal Code § 15-5, and § 15-27.
- Order amending Rules and Orders of the City Council by deleting “alderman”, “aldermen”, and “chairman”, and replacing with “city councilor”, “city councilors”, and “chair”.
Notice of Hearing – NSTAR Presidential Way 1-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – E.A. Spry – 80 Holton Street – 1-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – Black Diamond Landscapes – 9 Green Street – 1-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – Loco Donuts, LLC – 36 Commerce Way – 1-18-2022