The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Communication regarding recently-adopted changes to state law regarding housing and zoning.
- New Petitions:
- Petition for approval pursuant to M.G.L. Ch. 268A, Sec. 20(b) of contract for snowplowing services by Dennis Stone.
- Petition by Reliable Property Management Services, LLC for special permit pursuant to the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 5.1, Subsection 57b for accessory storage and overnight parking of up to 40 commercial vehicles, and Subsection 43 for open or outside storage of new or used building materials or equipment, relating to the operation of a fence assembly and manufacturing business, at 211 New Boston Street.
- Public Hearings:
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc., to amend an inflammable license, for N-Methyl2pyrrolidone Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC container to N-Methyl2pyrrolidone Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC container and/or Kwik Strip Class B 4×350 gallons in IBC containers, and/or a mixture of both types totaling no more than four IBC Containers, at 20 Sylvan Road.
- Loco Donuts, LLC for a special permit pursuant to Section 5.1(29), Section 5.1(63A), and Section 12 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for a fast food restaurant (Dunkin Donuts) with a drive thru, at 36 Commerce Way. [request to continue filed]
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Communication and order regarding the transfer of funds from City of Woburn Surplus Overlay Account to three (3) assessing activities for FY2023 recertification by the Mass. DOR. (OTP)
- Communication and order to appropriate the sum of $1,000,000.00 from Unreserved Fund Balance to SPED Stabilization Fund. (OTP)
- Communication and order to appropriate the sum of $10,000,000.00 from Unreserved Fund Balance to General Stabilization Fund. (OTP)
- Order to appropriate the sum of $28,000.00 from Cemetery Interest Fund to Various Accounts. (OTP)
- Order to amend Title 12 of the Woburn Municipal Code, Streets, Sidewalks & Public Places, a new Article XV, Regulation of RoadWork in Operable Unit No. 1 of the Industri-Plex Superfund Site. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicle License by Anchor Auto Sales, 3 Breed Avenue (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports: None.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Resolve Honoring Woburn Veterans Agent Lawrence “Larry” Guiseppe.
Notice of Hearing – Skyworks Solutions, Inc. – 20 Sylvan Road 2-15-2022