The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, May 17, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Communication regarding Appointing Authority – Human Resources Director.
- Order authorizing Police and Fire Department to accept a gift of $750.00 each from Mr. Nicholas Leo of the BrickYard Restaurant pursuant to M.G.L c.44, §53A.
- Order Designating the Mayor and Board of Assessors as “authorized officer” per M.G.L. c. 59, § 5 cl. 45.
- Order amending the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, by adding a new section, Section 32, Adult Use of Marijuana.
- Order amending the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 2, Definitions, by deleting Marijuana Establishment, deleting Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, and adding Medical Marijuana Treatment Center, also known as a Registered Marijuana Dispensary (RMD).
- Order amending the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 5.1, Table of Use Regulations, to revise line 33(d) by replacing “Marijuana Establishment” with “Marijuana Retailer” as a special permit use only in the IP-2 zoning district and by deleting reference to Note 19(c); and by deleting 19(c) from the list of Notes to 5.1 Table of Use Regulations.
- Order accepting M.G.L. c. 64N, § 3, imposing a 3% local sales tax upon the sale of adult use marijuana.
- Order to transfer $449,258.85 from Mayor Salary Adjustment Acct to Various Department Salaries.
- New Petitions:
- International School of Boston for a Special Event Permit to allow a road race at Horn Pond on June 14, 2022.
- Shamrock Running Club for Special Event Permit to allow a road race at Spence Farm and along neighboring streets on July 4, 2022.
- Social Capital Inc. for Special Event Permit to allow Juneteenth Celebration at the Woburn Public Library on June 18, 2022.
- Rhino FE 400 Presidential LLC for a special permit and site plan review pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Sections 5.1(41a) and 5.1(66), and Section 12, for approval for a life science laboratory with research and development uses and ancillary office space, at 400 Presidential Way.
- Jennie Silva for a special permit pursuant to the 1985 Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, Section 5.1(33b), to allow muscular therapy, at 21 Cummings Park, Suite 206.
- Guardado Landscaping for a special permit to allow overnight parking for 3 trucks and 2 trailers, at 11 Green Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street.
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimack Street.
- 8-10 Green Street LLC requesting extension of special permit at 0 Green Street and 8-10 Green Street.
- Public Hearings:
- ARE-MA Region No. 95, LLC for a new inflammable license, for 13,880 gallons of Class B gasoline fuel (stored in 694 vehicles), 400 gallons of Class B diesel fuel (stored in life safety generator), and 3,000 gallons of Class B diesel fuel (stored in UPS generator), at 225 Presidential Way.
- ARE-MA Region No. 95, LLC for a new inflammable license, for 15,200 gallons of Class B gasoline fuel (stored in 760 vehicles), at 235 Presidential Way.
- Montvale Land LLC request to amend Sections 13 and 28 of the 1985 City of Woburn Zoning Ordinance, as amended, to allow for offsite directional signage and solar photovoltaic systems in the Technology and Business Mixed Use Overlay District. [request to continue filed]
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Traffic Commission Order to establish no parking restriction on East Dexter Avenue. (OTP)
- Reappointment of the following to the Woburn Council on Aging: Margaret Casey, Rosalie Travelo, Joanne Cahill, Jack Kelly, and Eleanor Collins (OTP)
- Appointments of the following to the Woburn Council on Aging: Joyce Parker, Mitzie Stein, and Mary Jane Mastrodomenico. (OTP)
- Appointment of the following as a Trustee of the Woburn Public Library: Tracey Jolly, Laurence Rideout, James Juliano, Maria Soares, and Richard Mahoney. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of Taxi Cab license by Woburn Cab Co., 100 Ashburton Avenue. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of Taxi Cab License by Checker Cab of Woburn Inc., 827 Main Street. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of Livery License by Checker Cab of Woburn Inc., 827 Main Street. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Communication from Eugene L. Demers regarding resignation from the Woburn Recreation Commission.
- Communication from Elaine Pruyne regarding retiring as the Director of Human Resources.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Order for Woburn City Council meetings on July 12, 2022 and August 16, 2022.
- Order to accept MGL Ch. 59, Sec. 5, Cl. 56 relative to reduction of tax for national guard and military reservists.
The original notice of meeting was posted on May 12, 2022 at 4:42 p.m., and this revised notice of meeting was posted on May 12, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Notice of Hearing – ARE-MA Region N.95 – 225 Presidential Way 5-17-2022
Notice of Hearing – ARE-MA Region N.95 – 235 Presidential Way 5-17-2022