The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, October 18, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor: None.
- New Petitions:
- Petitions for renewal of First Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by the following: M&L Transit Systems, Inc., 60 Olympia Avenue; and Northeast Tree, Inc., 62 Holton Street.
- Petitions for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by the following: Kenneth L. O’Connor dba City Line Motors, 30 Rear Torrice Drive; and Cargotiators LLC d/b/a Cargotiator Auto Sales, 104 Winn Street.
- Fairfield Residential request relative to Inflammable License and removal of tank at 316 New Boston Street.
- Request by Donald and Dorothy Hamilton, 31 Columbus Road, to discuss Willow Street Brook.
- Marcelo Goncalves Gonzaga for a special permit pursuant to Section 5.5 of the WZO, to bring in additional fill for a retaining wall, at 708 Main Street.
- Public Hearings:
- NStar Electric Company, d/b/a Eversource Energy for grant of right in a way to install 52 feet of conduit, in East Dexter Avenue.
- NStar Electric Company d/b/a Eversource Energy and Verizon New England Inc., for grant of right in a way to install 2 new JO Poles (60/25 and 60/26), in East Dexter Avenue.
- Verizon New England, Inc. for a grant of right in a way to install: four (4) four-inch conduits 244 feet from manhole 204A to the intersection of Montvale Avenue and Hill Street; and four (4) four-inch conduits 706 feet with two manholes on Hill Street.
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 1900 feet of 2-inch, plastic gas main in New Boston Street for both new and replacement lines.
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 60 feet of 4-inch, plastic gas main in Grape Street to connect to an existing main in Albany Street.
- NAI Entertainment Holdings LLC for a special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 of the WZO, to allow for the alteration of its existing nonconforming pylon sign by replacing said sign with a new sign having the same dimensions, at 25 Middlesex Canal Park.
- Trio Community Meals LLC for a special permit pursuant to Section 5.1(57b), Section 7.3 and Section 9 of the WZO, to allow for a modification to the Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated May 19, 2020, to allow for an increase in the overnight parking of commercial vehicles from twenty (20) to twenty-eight (28), at 39 Olympia Avenue.
- Corporate Chefs LLC for a special permit pursuant to Section 5.1(42), Section 5.1(57b), Section 7.3 and Section 9 of the WZO, to allow for: (1) a wholesale establishment, warehouse and distribution center; (2) overnight parking of seven (7) commercial motor vehicles (vans); and (3) for the continued use of the nonconforming parking and loading docks, at 39 Olympia Avenue.
- Atlantic Power Cleaning Corp. for a special permit to modify the Landowner’s Decision and Notice of Special Permit dated May 29, 1997 and Section 5.1(57b) of the WZO, to allow for an increase in the indoor accessory storage of commercial vehicles from eight (8) to twelve (12), with all of said commercial vehicles being stored overnight inside an approximately 4,022 square foot addition to the existing building(s) on the Property, at 92 Merrimac Street.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Order to appropriate the sum of $80,000.00 from Cemetery Interest Fund Acct# 65259-595000 to New Equipment/Cemetery Acct# 0149058-586600. (OTP)
- Home Rule Order for Extension of Liquor Licenses for Woburn Village on Mishawum Road. (OTP)
- Appointment of Meg Ann Meaney to the Board of Trustees for the Woburn Public Library. (OTP)
- Reappointment of James A. Juliano to the Board of Trustees for the Woburn Public Library. (OTP)
- Order to reappoint Paul Tobin to the Woburn Recreation Commission. (OTP)
- Petitions for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by the following: ACT Leasing, Inc., 215 Salem Street; David Dellarocco dba Woburn Auto Sales, 5 Crescent Avenue, #4; and Capelo’s Auto Service, Inc. dba Capelo’s Auto Sales, 22 Winn Street. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Building commissioner quarterly nuisance property report.
- Appointments and Elections:
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Resolve Honoring Elaine Pruyne, former Human Resources Director.
- Order to authorize veterans memorial square for Corporal Charles J. Robertson.
- Order to authorize Fire Department to dispose of surplus equipment.
Notice of Hearing – NSTAR and Verizon – East Dexter Ave 10-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – NAI Entertainment Holdings – 25 Middlesex Canal Park 10-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – Trio Community Meals LLC – 39 Olympia Avenue 10-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – Corporate Chefs LLC – 39 Olympia Avenue 10-18-2022
Notice of Hearing – Atlantic Power Cleaning Corp. – 92 Merrimac Street 10-18-2022