The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, January 17, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Order authorizing the Mayor to accept gift of $5,000.00 in order to contract MAPC.
- Order amending WMC 2-117 Deputy Auditor, and by adding WMC 2-119 Budget Analyst.
- Order amending WMC 2-180 Base Salaries for City Auditor, Deputy Auditor, and Budget Analyst.
- New Petitions:
- Petition for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales License by Cambridge Road Auto Service, Inc. dba Woburn Plaza Shell, 293 Cambridge Road.
- Public Hearings:
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 60 feet of 4-inch, plastic gas main in Grape Street to connect to an existing main in Albany Street. [request to continue filed]
- National Grid for a grant of right in a way to install approximately 1900 feet of 2-inch, plastic gas main in New Boston Street for both new and replacement lines. [request to leave to withdraw filed]
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street. [request to continue filed]
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimac Street. [request to continue filed]
- Chhear Hang, for special permit and site plan review pursuant to Section 5.1(29) and Section 12 of the WZO, to allow for a fast food restaurant, at 317 Main Street a/k/a 315 Main Street. (OTP)
- M&K Engineering Inc., for a special permit pursuant to Section 7.3 of the WZO to allow for additional storage space of approximately 6,450 square feet more or less of gross floor area as shown on the site plan file with this petition, due to nonconforming front yard setback of 20.4 feet, at 166 New Boston Street.
- G&A Realty Trust, Chung Lee, Trustee, for a special permit pursuant to: (1) Section 5.1(5) of the WZO to allow for eight (8) dwellings above the first floor in a commercial structure; and (2) Section 8.3.3 of the WZO to allow for the substitution of sixteen (16) off site parking spaces in a municipal lot, at 433 Main Street.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Appointment of Elaine Pruyne to the Cemetery Commission. (OTP)
- Reappointment of John M. Wells to the Biomedical Oversight Committee. (OTP)
- Reappointment of Carmen M. Baldino to the Biomedical Oversight Committee. (OTP)
- Petition for new Livery License for Myra Transportation, 200 Bedford Road, Apt. 4F. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of First Class Motor Vehicles Sales License by Gordon Colonial, Inc. dba Colonial Cadillac, 201 Cambridge Road. (OTP)
- Petitions for renewal of Second Class Motor Vehicles Sales Licenses by the following: Anchor Auto Sales, Inc., 3 Breed Avenue; Murray’s Enterprises, Inc. dba Murray’s Auto & Truck Sales, 89 Winn Street; JFSO Auto Sales, LLC, 84-86 Winn Street; Enterprise Rent-a-Car Company of Boston, LLC, 248 Mishawum Road; McSheffrey’s-SE, LLC dba McSheffrey’s of the South End, 75 Main Street; and Michael R. Celata, II dba Central Automotive, 275 Salem Street. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation: None.
- Communications and Reports:
- Building commissioner quarterly nuisance property report.
- Parking Clerk report for December 2022.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions: None.
Notice of Hearing – M&K Engineering Inc. – 166 New Boston Street – 1-17-2023
Notice of Hearing – G&A Realty Trust, Chung Lee, Trustee – 433 Main Street – 1-17-2023