The following is the Notice of Meeting and, at the time of posting, a listing of topics that the President reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the Regular Meeting of the City Council on Tuesday, April 4, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, Woburn City Hall, 10 Common Street, Woburn. The order of the matters may be amended at the meeting.
- Roll Call.
- Reading of Previous Meetings Journal.
- Communications from His Honor the Mayor:
- Order authorizing Woburn Fire and Police Departments to accept gift of $750 each from Mr. Nicholas Leo of the BrickYard Restaurant.
- New Petitions:
- 288MISHRD LLC c/o Tim Casey for a special permit under Section 7.3 of the WZO to allow for the renovation of an existing nonconforming building and reconfiguration of the rear parking area, at 288 Mishawum Road.
- Public Hearings:
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a); Section 5.1(53), Section 8.3.1, and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a two (2) story building containing approximately 133,738 sf of net floor area with the following uses: Office (approximately 39,229 sf); Manufacturing (approximately 33,514 sf); and Lab Use (approximately 58,845 sf) with accessory high hazard use and the parking of ninety-two (92) vehicles on an adjacent lot located at 225 Merrimac Street, at 216 New Boston Street. [request to continue filed]
- CCF New Boston Property Company LLC for Special Permits pursuant to Section 5.1(30b); Section 5.1(41a), and Site Plan Review pursuant to Section 12.2.4 to allow for a four (4) story building containing approximately 174,812 sf of net floor area with the following uses: office (approximately 67,056 sf) and Lab Use (approximately 100,584 sf), as well as the Petitioner is proposing to construct a parking garage to accommodate approximately 451 parking spaces, at 225 Merrimac Street. [request to continue filed]
- Accutemp Engineering Inc. for a special permit to allow overnight parking for 2 vehicles, at 271 Salem Street, Building H.
- Petition by 120 Commerce Apartments, LLC c/o Toll Brothers Apartment Living to amend Section 32 of the WZO to allow for solar photovoltaic systems in the Commerce Way Corridor Overlay District.
- Unfinished Business from Previous Meetings: None.
- Committee Reports:
- Appointment of Christopher Glaser to the Woburn Redevelopment Authority. (OTP)
- Appointment of Anne Chavez to the Woburn Council on Aging. (OTP)
- Reappointment of Sarkis S. Chinian to the Woburn Board of Registrars of Voters. (OTP)
- Petition for renewal of Common Carrier License for Transaction Corporate Shuttles Inc., 5 Wheeling Avenue. (OTP)
- Citizen’s Participation:
- Communications and Reports:
- Parking Clerk report for February 2023.
- Communication from Anthony D. Langone Jr. regarding resignation from the Woburn Traffic Commission.
- Appointments and Elections: None.
- Motions, Orders and Resolutions:
- Traffic Commission Order to establish no parking restriction between 17 and 19 Carlson Way to prevent blockage of city easement.
- Resolve for Eagle Scout Zachary Jones.
Notice of Hearing – Accutemp Engineering Inc. – 271 Salem Street – 4-4-2023
Notice of Hearing – 120 Commerce Apartments – WZO Sec. 23 CWCOD – 04-4-2023